Also popular among users of the French Linguistics site:
French book/software reviews
Below is a list of French-related books and software that have been reviewed on
this web site.
If you have suggestions for books or products you'd like to see reviewed,
you can tweet them to @BitterCoffey. If you are a publisher or author wishing to get your
work included on this site, please contact email@example.com.
(Please note that I can generally only accommodate authors or publishers who are willing to send
a review copy.)
- DK French-English Visual Bilingual Dictionary: Sooner or later, a visual dictionary will be useful for many learners, and this non-technical visual dictionary will fit the bill for many.
- Instant Immersion French Deluxe 3.0: Get your microphone out and practise your French with these interactive dialogues, games and exercises!
- Mastering French Vocabulary: An excellently-organised guide to French vocabulary, suitable for both intermediate and advanced users.
- 6000+ Essential French Words: a vocabulary book offering detailed, up-to-date vocabulary, with associated exercises.
- Correct Your French Blunders: an excellent, approachable guide to French grammar, suitable for various levels.
- Barron's 501 French Verbs: a rich resource for both verb and vocab learning, particularly for "visual" learners.
- Bescherelle: La Conjugaison pour tous: a complete verb resource for advanced learners, or for intermediate students who are more "analytic" learners.
- 101 French Proverbs: have some fun with French proverbs and idioms.
- French vocabulary flash cards: if you don't want to print your own from this site, you can always buy some; the page also contains a link to this site's free flashcard printing tool.
- Franklin TG-450 12-language translator: if you're looking for a portable electronic translator, this one offers good French coverage on the move, with several other languages as a bonus.
- Passport to Paris (PSP): if you're geeky enough to get your PSP out in the metro (like me), this one's for you...
Information for publishers
If you'd like to get your book or product reviewed on this site,
please see the information for
publishers and advertisers.
All editorial content copyright (c) Javamex UK 2009. All rights reserved.
All comments and material contained on this page are accurate to the best of the author's knowledge.